ClearCourse Membership Services Limited trading as MillerTech understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.millertech.co.uk “Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” : means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site
“Cookie”: means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in Part 13, below
- Information About Us
Site is owned and operated by ClearCourse Membership Services Limited trading as MillerTech registered in England & Wales under company Registration No.1811900. Registered address: 10 - 12 Eastcheap, First Floor, London, EC3M 1AJ. Main trading address: 10 - 12 Eastcheap, First Floor, London, EC3M 1AJ. VAT Registration No 123379813.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Data Do We Collect?
We may collect personal information:
- From you, where you visit our Website, complete one of our online forms or contact us;
- From ClearCourse Membership Services Limited T/A MillerTech Customers when they login to access our weblog support system;
- When you attend an event; and
How do we collect personal information?
Personal information is provided to us by you:
- when you enter information into our Website or online forms; and
- when you contact us by email, by telephone or by post.
- when you complete a job application or upload your CV
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing support requests that take place on the Sites, like where you login to make a support call
- Providing and managing your access to our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time as detailed in section 14 below.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
With your permission or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We are based in UK so your data will be processed in UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR. We may share your data within the group of companies of which we are part of and some of the recipients described in Part 10 below.
We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
- Companies that are in the ClearCourse Membership Services Limited T/A MillerTech group.
- Authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who may be located in any of the countries products are available in.
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in UK
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in UK.
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- Other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. Where our third party contractors process your personal data outside of the EEA they are required to ensure the adequate protection of your personal data.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- Identify unique users
- Identify unique sessions
- Store information about users’ sessions and campaigns
Most web browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your device. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. Please note, however, that if you disable any cookies that our website place on your device, you may not be able to use certain services or facilities on our website.
All Cookies used by and on our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of our Site may not function fully or as intended.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +44 (0)207 278 2081
Postal Address: ClearCourse Membership Services Limited T/A MillerTech: 10 - 12 Eastcheap, First Floor, London, EC3M 1AJ
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.