Founded in 1992, the Worshipful Company of Management Consultants (WCoMC) is a modern livery company representing one of the leading present-day professions.
It is a distinguished peer group that contributes to the continuing success of the City of London and the consultancy profession. WCoMC has built up an enviable record in helping and developing Non-Profit Third Sector organisations with pro-bono consultancy and mentoring, contributing to and enhancing the professional development and standing of management consultants.
Needs and Challenges
Millertech began working in partnership with the WCoMC over 10 years ago. At that time, WCoMC recognised their legacy membership system and myriad of spreadsheets were not scalable and would be administratively costly going forward. They needed an integrated digital solution. The ongoing investment in technology would also aid their continual strive to enhance the quality of engagement with its members, clients and non-members.
Their key goals and challenges were:
- Developing and growing both their membership and client contact from a base of 200 members and 100 clients.
- Improving the services offered to their members.
- Driving engagement with existing and prospective members.
- Developing and growing both their membership and client contact from a base of 200 members and 100 clients
- Managing additional events whilst reducing costs by implementing a less manual process (e.g. avoiding postal invitations) – whilst maintaining their traditional brand heritage
- Reducing finance and administration costs through better integration
WCoMC also recognised the importance of having a system that would grow with their organisation, be flexible to incorporate future enhancements and deal with legislative changes. They chose a solution and technology partner that recognised the challenges faced by volunteer led organisations, where resources and time is limited.
Millertech already had the experience of working with The Worshipful Company of International Bankers and were able to present The Worshipful Company of Management Consultants with a digital solution to exactly meet their requirements. This comprised a fully integrated CRM and website, delivering the following functionality:
- Membership Management: individuals and organisations, centred on online application processes
- Online Self-service: enabling members to update their own details
- Client Management: tracking Pro Bono Consultancy and Mentoring Clients
- Event Management: self-service online booking and registration both for members and non-members
- Bulk Emailing: sending rich format messages and newsletters, managing bounces and GDPR consents, and raising the public profile of the Company
- Donations: online giving and tracking
- Finance: integrating with Sage and QuickBooks
- New Website: with an intuitive user experience and professional look and feel, including a personal portal for members and visitors
Results: Success in Numbers
Following the implementation, Millertech were able to help WCoMC to achieve growth in membership to more than 500 member records and 300 client records, and exponential growth in the number of contact records to a total of 7000.
This was all achieved whilst sending over 1100 mailings/newsletters, holding over 450 events, registering over 8000 event participants and completing over 2100 financial transactions.
Millertech’s 30+ years’ experience in the NFP Sector and proven track record in working with Livery Companies gave us confidence that the project would be completed successfully with little risk of interruption to services.”
Past Master Patrick RR Chapman
WCoMC continually update their website and further enhanced their membership system, by adding new online connection forms, GDPR functionality to achieve compliance and changes to support their new finance system.
For more information please contact us.